|Rated: TV-Y7 for fantasy violence|
Starring: Eric Loomis, Brian Bloom, and Colleen O'Shaughnessey
Released: December 5, 2010 to January 23, 2011 (TV premiere) / October 25, 2011 (DVD)
(Adapted from the back cover of the DVD)
I finished this series in less than twenty-four hours, and that's saying something! Seriously, this series is very enthralling, and the continual story arc makes it even better! You would have to watch the earlier episodes to understand the ones in this set, but you'd be all the better for it.
Production Values: 4.25/5
The voice work is awesome; the guy who does Iron Man really sounds like Robert Downey, Jr., and everyone else does well, too. The animation is mostly great, though I did notice some spots that could have used a bit more polish. As for the action sequences--which is what everyone is watching for, anyway--they are all spot-on.
- Sex: A couple of mild quips. 4.5/5
- Nudity: Two male heroes are seen shirtless; two heroines and one villainess wears outfits that show cleavage and/or a lot of leg. 4/5
- Language: Occasional mild name-calling. 4.75/5
- Drugs: None. 5/5
- Violence: The usual explosions, hits, kicks, projectiles, etc., are present here. Living beings battle other living beings, and robot baddies get smashed and sliced. Though there is no blood, the action does get a bit intense; probably the worst is when an arrow that is meant for one character misses her, but takes off part of her hair and hits another person. 2.5/5
- Frightening/Intense Scenes: Along with the above, some of the monsters could be a bit scary for some kids. 3.5/5
- Other: Nothing that I can remember. 5/5
Conclusion: Yet another great installment in the Avengers' animated series! I don't know what to say other than this: Anyone who has watched and enjoyed the first two volumes of this Disney XD cartoon should definitely check out this third one!