|Rated: TV-G (US) / G (Canadian Home Video Rating)|
Starring: Bridgit Mendler, Leigh-Allyn Baker, and Mia Talerico
Released: April 11, 2010 - November 27, 2011 (Disney Channel premieres) / June 18, 2013 (DVD)
The main reason I like the shows on Disney Channel is because they remind me of old-school programming, such as Mork & Mindy or I Love Lucy. On that front, this set delivers. The episodes go between zany, silly, and just downright bizarre, but I just couldn't help but laugh.
Production Values: 4/5
No one these days makes sitcoms like the Disney Channel. Even Nickelodeon's iCarly and VICTORiOUS, as insanely fun as they can be, aren't exactly the same as what you can find on the Mouse network. Of course, I doubt anything in this DVD set will change the minds of those who find Disney sitcoms to be inane tripe, but I would suggest at least giving the show a chance before completely brushing it off.
- Sex: A reference is made to different body parts on opposite gender babies. P. J. becomes infatuated with a female TV character who is said to always wear a bikini, though she is never seen. 3.75/5
- Nudity: Amy wears a few tops that show some slight cleavage. The Shake It Up crossover episode features CeCe (Bella Thorne) wearing an outfit that shows some slight midriff. 4/5
- Drugs: None; this is a Disney show! 5/5
- Language: The euphemism "darn" is used once. The episode "Teddy on Ice" features a sub-plot involving Charlie using bad language. (Spoiler: It is revealed that Amy taught her that word.) 4/5
- Violence: Typical sitcom slapstick. A TV show Bob watches features an alien who has a gun, and P. J. and Gabe watch a soap opera where someone gets shot (heard, not seen.) 4/5
- Frightening/Intense Scenes: Nothing in this department. 5/5
- Other: Some of the gags revolve around bathroom humor: flatulence, urination, etc. 4/5