|Rated: PG for some action and mild rude humor|
Starring: Kristen Bell, Idina Menzel, and Jonathan Groff
Released: November 27, 2013 (theaters)
Based on "The Snow Queen" by Hans Christian Andersen.
My Review: This movie has been heralded as a return to classic Disney form. As I was watching this movie, I was preparing my review to go something like this: "I know this is contrary to popular opinion, but I thought this movie was a travesty. Though the animation is amazing, great graphics no longer make a movie good. The musical numbers are overdone; the Mickey Mouse cartoon at the start is both overly long and inane; and, the film itself goes on for too long. I know it's Disney, and people would expect me to like it, but most people don't realize that I like the Mouse House's live-action productions, such as Flubber, Sky High, and George of the Jungle, not to mention the various sitcoms on the Disney Channel." However, even though I was a bit frustrated at times, the ending made my heart soar, and not just in a thank-goodness-it's-over kind of way. Despite my annoyances with the film, I think the House of Mouse has done this one right.
- Sex: A couple of brief kisses. 4.5/5
- Nudity: Elsa and Anna both wear off-the-shoulder dresses. 4.5/5
- Language: Two uses of the term "butt". 4.5/5
- Violence: Comedic violence and fantasy violence are both present here. Two people die in a shipwreck; mishaps with Elsa's powers lead to several near-death incidents; a man is punched in the face for being a jerk; cartoon violence is seen throughout the Mickey Mouse cartoon that precedes the film. 2.75/5
- Drugs: A guy is seen with a glass of wine. 4.5/5
- Frightening/Intense Scenes: Along with the deaths and near-deaths, a snow monster chases some of the characters. 3/5
- Other: Some people may have trouble with the usage of magic in the film. Also, both the film itself and at least one of the previews preceding it make reference to flatulence. 4/5