|Rated: Not Rated (US)|
Starring: Frank Welker, Matthew Lillard, and Grey DeLisle
Released: 2010 (DVD)
Also features the voice of Mark Hamill (Star Wars).
My Review: The animation in this movie is great! It blends traditional hand drawings with computer effects, and it works quite well! Unfortunately, the story doesn't exactly stack up; it feels like an episode of one of the original cartoons with filler added to make it "feature-length". Scooby fanatics will likely adore it; everyone else should only rent it.
(Warning! Spoilers below!)
- Sex: A bit of kissing and flirting. 4/5
- Nudity: Shirtless guys are seen quite frequently; some women wear bikinis; and, Daphne spends much of the film in a midriff-baring top and short shorts. Still, the animation stylings make it a bit less sultry. 4/5
- Language: Someone says, "Shut up!" 4.75/5
- Violence: Comedic cartoon pratfalls and chase sequences occur all through the film. Probably of biggest note is the main villain, who wields an ax and nearly slices and dices multiple characters. Also, a flashback scene features a criminal who shoots off multiple rounds, though no one is seen hurt or killed. 3/5
- Drugs: A kid is shown using an asthma inhaler, though it is later revealed that he is not who he claims to be; whether or not he really needed the inhaler is left to interpretation. 4/5
- Frightening/Intense Scenes: Each of the baddies in this movie are a bit scary, especially the last one, a flying witch of sorts with hideous, ugly teeth. A post-credits scene implying that she isn't a fake is especially unnerving. 2/5
- Other: A bit of crude humor: burping, etc. 4/5