|Rated: PG for mild thematic elements and brief language|
Starring: Thomas Horn, Mira Sorvino, and Josh Lucas
From Brookwell McNamara Entertainment, makers of Even Stevens and That's So Raven. Features CCM artists TobyMac and Britt Nicole on the soundtrack.
My Review: As a young child, I dreamed of going into space. Of course, I didn't have a realistic portrait of what interstellar travel was really like; it isn't what you see in those kiddie shows, i.e., The Magic School Bus. Still, this film brought back memories of those days, and would be great for anyone--young or old--who dreams of walking on Mars one day. The content was rather clean; honestly, the only complaints I had were the rather erroneous closed captioning and that the climax wasn't as gripping as it could have been. Those who are young--or young at heart--will enjoy this film.
- Sex: A kiss on the cheek. 4.5/5
- Nudity: Girls in tank tops. 4.5/5
- Language: A bit of name-calling. 4/5
- Violence: A fight, which is stopped before it gets serious; a cart-like vehicle crashes into another one. 4/5
- Drugs: None. 5/5
- Frightening/Intense Scenes: Some astronauts nearly die. (Spoiler: They make it out unharmed.) One scene is emotionally intense. 4/5
- Other: Jimmy and another Space Camp attendee lie to get into the program. 4/5