|Rated: PG for thematic material, some disturbing images and brief smoking|
Starring: Ben Stein
Featuring music by CCM's Andy Hunter.
My Review: I don't usually watch documentaries; in fact, I believe the last one I saw was Wordplay, which was all about crossword puzzles. Ben Stein, who is openly Jewish, doesn't shy away from asking the hard questions. Some of the individuals interviewed said some rather surprising things, especially Richard Dawkins at the end. Most people who don't believe in intelligent design won't watch this, but, they need to; they'll have their beliefs shaken to the core.
- Sex: None. 5/5
- Nudity: Shirtless guys and slight cleavage. 4/5
- Language: One use of the h-word, and occasional name calling, i. e., "idiot". 4/5
- Violence: Old film clips show explosions; other similar clips have cartoon slapstick. An image is shown of dead bodies being piled on top of one another. 3/5
- Drugs: A little smoking and alcohol consumption. 4/5
- Frightening/Intense Scenes: Ben Stein visits a Nazi concentration camp; though nothing graphic is seen, it could be unsettling for some viewers. 4/5
- Other: The theme of this movie--intelligent design vs. evolution--may be hard for kids to understand. 4/5