|Rated: PG for unspecified reasons|
Starring: Paige Turco, David Warner, and Ernie Reyes, Jr.
Released: March 22, 1991 (theaters)
My Review: I wasn't terribly impressed with the first TMNT movie. It was too dark and scary; there was too much profanity; and, overall, it was a letdown. However, this one is a vast improvement in every way. The special effects and filming were much better! Not only that, but, the lack of profanity and the lighter, comedic tone made this much more enjoyable. I though that the Turtles could have used their weapons a bit more, but, I nonetheless laughed and smiled all through this movie. Even if you didn't like the first one, you should give this one a chance; you might be surprised!
- Sex: Mildly suggestive dance moves. 4.5/5
- Nudity: None. 5/5
- Language: Name-calling, at worst. 4.5/5
- Violence: Light-hearted, comedic violence is the rule here. Heroes and villains punch, kick, and throw each other around, all in a cartoonish way. The movie does end with someone dying, however. 3.5/5
- Drugs: Chemical-based transformation plays a big part in the movie. 3/5
- Frightening/Intense Scenes: Though not as dark or scary as the first one, two mildly scary monsters do play a big part in the movie. Also, a scene where the main villain becomes huge and insanely strong may frighten some kids. 3/5
- Other: Burping is used as a gag more than once. Also, one of the Turtles says, "Let us take a moment to reflect," which sounds like the start of a prayer, when they are actually sniffing the aroma of a pizza. 3.5/5