|Rated: PG for thematic material and smoking|
Starring: Blake Rayne, Ashley Judd, and Seth Green
Released: September 5, 2014 (theaters) / January 13, 2015 (DVD)
The Good: For a Christian movie, the production values are great. It helps that this film has some mainstream talent; not only is Ashley Judd one of the main actresses, but the end credits even mentioned that veteran voice actress Tara Strong (Ben 10) had a cameo. The performances were great, and even the closing credits started off with a wonderful song. Even the sets did an amazing job of taking you back in time. Unfortunately...
The Bad: All that is ruined by the poor story. Maybe I'm being too critical, but, for me to enjoy a film, it has to have a great narrative, even if it's a tried-and-true formula. This movie just goes on for too long, and doesn't really reach a pleasing conclusion. By the time it was over, I didn't really care about the characters that much; in fact, I struggled to finish it.
- Sex: Kissing. 4/5
- Nudity: Occasional bare midriffs and cleavage. 4/5
- Language: One h-word, and one misuse of God's name. 4/5
- Violence: A young man is knocked down by a police officer. Someone dies as a result of a plane crash (not shown). 4/5
- Drugs: Alcohol is consumed fairly often; smoking is also present, though less so. 3/5
- Frightening/Intense Scenes: Emotional intensity abounds. An elderly man is shown having a heart attack. (Spoiler: He recovers.) 2/5