|Rated: TV-PG for violence|
Starring: Jay Baruchel, America Ferrera, and T.J. Miller
Released: November 2012 - March 2013 (original Cartoon Network premieres) / July 23, 2013 (DVD)
As seen on Cartoon Network.
The Good: This is pretty much more of the same as in the first outing...but, as they say: If it's not broke, don't fix it. Everything that made the original How to Train Your Dragon film and the previous episodes as great as they were is still present here. The animation is once again outstanding, as is the voice work. The finale has me eagerly awaiting the next season; I won't give it away, but, I will say that it'll leave you breathlessly desiring a further installment...which is kind of the point.
The Bad: Nothing here to complain about, except, once again, the inappropriate rating; it should be "TV-Y7-FV", not "TV-PG-V".
- Sex: Innocent romance. 4/5
- Nudity: None. 5/5
- Language: Name-calling, at worst. 4/5
- Violence: Fantasy/cartoony violence abounds. The dragons fight each other and shoot blasts at people; however, no one is seriously hurt, and there's absolutely zero blood or gore. 3/5
- Drugs: None. 5/5
- Frightening/Intense Scenes: Along with the fantasy violence, there's many a suspenseful moment, especially in the two-part finale, and some of the dragons are rather hideous. 2/5
- Other: A bit of gross-out content (i.e., spitting). 4/5