|Rated: TV-Y7 for fantasy violence (US)|
Starring: Tara Strong, Paul Eiding, and Meagan Smith
Released: December 27, 2005 - March 25, 2006 (original TV premieres) / February 6, 2007 (DVD)
As seen on Cartoon Network.
The Good: I've enjoyed many a superhero cartoon over the past few years, but this is the first one that didn't take characters directly from a comic book. Fans of action/adventure serials will find plenty to like about this: adventure, heroism, funny moments, etc. The animation is great, as is the voice work; you'd never guess that many of the characters are voiced by the same people! Not much to complain about.
The Bad: The only problem I have is with the season finale; it feels like a series finale instead, and doesn't leave much room for another episode, even though the show goes on for four seasons and several sequel series. Maybe the makers weren't anticipating making a second season.
- Sex: None. 5/5
- Nudity: Shirtless guys, and brief cleavage, all made less sultry thanks to the cartoony style. 4/5
- Language: Name-calling; nothing more. 4/5
- Violence: Fantasy violence abounds in these thirteen episodes; Ben, his family members, the various villains, and innocent people are hit, kicked, thrown, blasted, etc., quite often. Buildings are destroyed, as is a famous landmark. Slapstick violence is also present in smaller doses. 2/5
- Drugs: None. 5/5
- Frightening/Intense Scenes: Some of the monsters are a bit scary, and the bad guys come off as terrorists at times. 2/5
- Other: Some episodes feature the usage of fantasy-type magic; there is a bit of crude humor. 3/5