Starring: Dove Cameron, Kristin Chenoweth, and Cameron Boyce
As seen on Disney Channel. Also starring Cameron Boyce (Jessie).
The Good: Who doesn’t enjoy a Disney-style fairy tale? In the style of ABC’s Once Upon a Time, this takes the standard “happily ever after” formula and mixes it up, but in a much more light-hearted way. Fans of old-school House of Mouse flicks will find plenty to enjoy about this story; it’s definitely a return to Disney’s roots. Many moments are rather cute and touching, and the content is kept largely clean.
The Bad: As good as this is, I think this should have been a series instead of a Disney Channel Original Movie. Are you listening, Mouse network executives?
- Sex: Kissing, flirting; totally innocent romance. 4/5
- Nudity: Shirtless guy; dresses that show a bit of leg. 4/5
- Language: Name-calling, i.e., “stupid,” “idiot”. 4/5
- Violence: A scene or two of fantasy violence. 4/5
- Drugs: Potions are used to make people do things, i.e., fall in love. 4/5
- Frightening/Intense Scenes: A rather scary dragon in the finale. 4/5
- Other: Usage of magic throughout. 4/5