|Rated: TV-Y7 (US)|
Starring: Frank Welker, Casey Kasem, Mindy Cohn, and Grey DeLisle
Released: September 13, 2003 - March 27, 2004 (Kids' WB premieres) / June 5, 2007 (DVD)
As seen on Kids' WB and Cartoon Network.
The Good: Scooby-Doo is a longtime favorite franchise of mine; ever since I discovered it all the way back in 1998, I've been a big fan. While they've done different takes on the characters over the years, my favorites have always been the original-style cartoons. These may be much more modern, but, I'm sure Hanna and Barbera would approve; they're decidedly in the style of the old-school Saturday morning installments. Older fans will likely enjoy this right alongside their children. The mysteries are fun, cute, and exciting; what's not to like?
The Bad: As good as this is, I did find some scenes a bit frightening, which could be a problem for very young viewers. I'd suggest taking the "TV-Y7" rating seriously.
- Sex: Flirting and totally innocent romance. 4/5
- Nudity: Women are seen occasionally in bare-midriff outfits. 4/5
- Language: Nothing worse than "heck". 4/5
- Violence: Chase scenes and action sequences abound; none of it is graphic, but, Scooby and friends have numerous close calls. 3/5
- Drugs: None. 5/5
- Frightening/Intense Sequences: Some rather creepy monsters and a few frightening moments. 3/5
- Other: Controversial rock bands KISS and Simple Plan guest star. 4/5