|Rated: Not Rated|
Starring: Jeff Allen and Thor Ramsey
The Good: I've been a big Mark Lowry fan for quite a while, so, if he endorsed Jeff Allen, I figured Jeff's comedy must be hilarious...and it was. I was smiling throughout the stand-up routine, sometimes laughing out loud! It isn't all jokes, though; Jeff bares his soul by telling how he went from being an atheist to becoming a Christian. Having the entire performance is great, but...
The Bad: The DVD makers kind of botched this one. Instead of featuring the original broadcast with the extra scenes added in, they put the TV version on one disc and the full performance on the other. This meant I had to sit through essentially the same routine twice. Also, a lack of captions or subtitles will likely frustrate deaf or hard-of-hearing viewers. Though mostly innocent, Jeff's comedy had a "PG" moment here and there.
- Sex: A brief "PG"-level allusion. 4/5
- Nudity: None. 5/5
- Language: Nothing worse than "dorkwad," "moron," and two uses of the expression "for God's sake." 4/5
- Violence: Jeff talks about smacking one of his kids. 4/5
- Drugs: In his testimony, Jeff mentions his prior alcohol addiction. 4/5
- Frightening/Intense Scenes: Jeff's testimony is a bit emotionally intense. 4/5
- Other: Occasional "PG"-level crude allusions. 4/5