|Rated: TV-PG (US)|
Starring: Claire Holt, Phoebe Tonkin, Cariba Heine, Brittany Byrnes, and Angus McLaren
Released: September 28, 2007 - March 21, 2008 (TV premieres)
As seen on TeenNick.
The Good: The content is very clean; there wasn't a single profanity, and sexual content is limited to innocent kissing and flirting. The three female leads are all very lovely and give excellent performances; plus, their characters are likable individuals. Lewis is a good guy, too; despite his mishaps, he seems to have a good head on his shoulders. This season is closed captioned, whereas the first one wasn't; at least, at the time I watched it.
The Bad: During this season, the show officially jumped the shark. The introduction of Charlotte, the main antagonist, ruined things for this series. There was way too much catfighting and emotional behavior between the girls as they fought to keep their secret and Cleo and Charlotte fought over Lewis. The closed captioning was also rife with errors and poorly done.
- Sex: Kissing, flirting; totally innocent romance. 4/5
- Nudity: While they are mermaids, the girls' cleavage and midriffs are visible; they and other ladies are seen in everything from short shorts to bikinis; shirtless guys are also seen a few times. 2/5
- Language: Name-calling; nothing more. 4/5
- Violence: A guy performs a karate move on another guy, knocking him to the floor; one of the mermaids uses her powers to pick people up and throw them down from a great distance; a climactic fantastical final battle; etc. No blood or gore, though. 4/5
- Drugs: None. 5/5
- Frightening/Intense Sequences: This season is rife with teenage drama, which means plenty of emotional intensity; it is implied that one character attempts suicide in a fantastical, unrealistic way. 2/5
- Other: The mermaid powers are akin to magic and spells. 4/5