|Rated: Not Rated|
Starring: Crystle Lightning, Ryan Calhoun, Davin Carey, and David Netter
From Focus on the Family Films. Features an appearance by Sherry Hursey (Home Improvement).
The Good: Despite its apparently modest budget, this movie works fairly well. The story is convoluted enough to keep even older viewers interested, and the kids and most of the adults are rather likable characters. There's even a bit of intensity.
The Bad: While the action sequences may interest older kids, they may be too much for the older set. I was surprised to see a scene with a man drinking alcohol, as well as another where a kid nearly falls to his death. This is supposed to be a Christian movie, but God only gets mentioned once or twice briefly. Also, product placement was far too present, though that's likely how the film was financed.
- Sex: None. 5/5
- Nudity: None. 5/5
- Language: Nothing worse than, "What in the blue blazes...?" 4/5
- Violence: Several action sequences, including one where a kid nearly dies, and another where a sheriff is knocked out with the back end of a gun. Two guys nearly get run over. A scary story told around a campfire has violent references. 3/5
- Drugs: A man is seen drinking alcohol, which is also talked about. 4/5
- Frightening/Intense Sequences: Along with the violence, the scenes involving "Bigfoot" are mildly scary. 2/5
- Other: Excessive product placement. 4/5