|Rated: TV-Y7 for fantasy violence|
Starring: Hal Sparks, Tyrel Jackson Williams, Spencer Boldman, Billy Unger, and Kelli Berglund
Released: February 27, 2012 - June 14, 2012 (original Disney Channel premieres)
As seen on Disney XD.
The Good: Before trying out Kickin' It, I was a bit hesitant to watch anything from Disney XD, but, their sitcoms are actually really good; at least, the ones I've seen so far...including this one. Blending action and sci-fi elements with the comedy, it's the same kind of cute and funny production I've come to expect from the Mouse networks. Kelli Berglund shines as Bree, the lone female in most of the episodes, and the rest of the cast does very well also. Fans of shows such as this will find plenty to like about these ten episodes.
The Bad: There's nothing really wrong with the show itself; I just wish another episode or two were packed into this "volume". Since I currently lack any iTunes credit, it'll be at least Christmas before I can get any more episodes...but, I've got plenty of other shows to watch, so, it doesn't really matter. (I'm not being sarcastic.)
- Sex: Innocent romance: kissing, flirting, etc. 4/5
- Nudity: None. 5/5
- Language: Name-calling, at worst. 4/5
- Violence: Action violence is present in pretty much every episode, though it is usually played for laughs. While no blood or gore is seen and nobody is killed, one episode implies serious injury. 3/5
- Drugs: An episode features "power pellets," which, when eaten by the bionic kids, enhances their superhuman abilities. 4/5
- Frightening/Intense Scenes: A scene or two of emotional intensity; the action can be a bit rough-and-tumble at times. 3/5