|Rated: Not Rated|
Starring: Kyle Schmid, Emmanuelle Vaugier, Callum Blue, and Brittany Bristow
Based on the Biblical book of Acts.
My Review: I randomly came across this movie while shelving DVDs at the library; I had never heard of it before, but, on a whim, I decided to give it a chance...and I was floored. The production values, the performances, the sets, even the English subtitles were fabulous. While the ending was a bit abrupt, that would just encourage viewers to grab a Bible to read the rest of the story. If you're tired of Christian films such as Hollow or C Me Dance that are horribly shoddy and painful to watch, this is a breath of fresh air. I hope the production team behind this film will adapt other Bible stories into celluloid format, or, at the very least, make more Christian flicks with similar production values and talent.
- Sex: None. 5/5
- Nudity: Some guys' outfits show off their chest hair. 4/5
- Language: One profane usage of the word "hell," and two uses of the d-word, none of which are by Christian characters. 4/5
- Violence: A man is stoned; a woman is trampled and eventually dies of her injuries; another man is stabbed and is seen coughing up blood and falling dead. All of those scenes are a bit bloody, but not gory. Also, a sandstorm leaves a man blind, and Jesus' crucifixion is discussed. 2/5
- Drugs: None. 5/5
- Frightening/Intense Scenes: Along with the violence, which includes killing of multiple innocents, emotional intensity is present throughout, and some of the villains could be rather scary for some viewers. 2/5
- Other: This film expands on the Biblical text, which may disturb some viewers. 4/5