|Rated: TV-PG for violence|
Starring: Tom Kane, Ashley Eckstein, James Arnold Taylor, and Matt Lanter
Released: October 3, 2008 - March 20, 2009 (original TV premieres) / August 9, 2011 (DVD)
As seen on Cartoon Network.
The Good: The animation in this first season is outstanding; sometimes, I felt like I was watching one of the live-action movies instead of a cartoon! The voice work was great; though none of the original cast--save for Anthony Daniels (C3PO)--appears, the voice actors pretty much sound just like them. Having director's cuts of several episodes was fun, and the stories were engaging; even though you know that Anakin and Obi-Wan have to make it to Episode III, I still found myself glued to the screen the whole time.
The Bad: As good as this is, I do have one serious complaint: What's with the female characters' immodest dress? I get this franchise partly built itself on Leia's metal bikini and Padmé's various outfits, but, to have two main female humanoid characters dress in such a way was just unnecessary; it seemed to be nothing more than eye candy for young male viewers.
- Sex: None. 5/5
- Nudity: Two main female characters in midriff-baring outfits. 3/5
- Language: One or two h-words, and just as many misuses of God's name; though nothing by network TV standards, a bit surprising for a series like this. 4/5
- Violence: Pretty much akin to the movies, though a bit more frequent; droids, Clone Troopers, and other characters get killed quite frequently, though always bloodlessly. 2/5
- Drugs: Characters are seen drinking in one episode. 4/5
- Frightening/Intense Scenes: Some of the villains could be a bit scary, and there is a scene or two of emotional intensity. 3/5