|Rated: G for general audiences|
Starring: Hayley Mills, Dean Jones, and Dorothy Provine
The Good: I'm a longtime fan of Disney's live-action productions, and this old-school film of theirs is a treat. With hilarity, action, and plenty of cute moments, it's easy to see why this movie has stood the test of time. The heroes are flawed yet easy to root for, and the villains are utterly despicable. Fans of the House of Mouse who haven't seen this yet should definitely seek it out.
The Bad: As cute and innocent as this was, I was a bit turned off by the incessant smoking. Also, despite the "G" rating, the action and themes may be a bit much for the youngest viewers.
- Sex: A nosy neighbor worries about an affair that never happens. 4/5
- Nudity: Shirtless guy seen from a distance. 4/5
- Language: Name-calling, at worst. 4/5
- Violence: Plenty of slapstick, as well as some gun violence; people are shot at, but nobody is hurt. 4/5
- Drugs: Smoking in a few scenes. 3/5
- Frightening/Intense Scenes: The movie centers around an innocent woman being kidnapped. (Spoiler: She escapes unhurt.) 4/5
- Other: Patti, Zeke, and others tell lies to cover up their operation. 4/5