My Review: I love pretty much all superhero cartoons; in fact, it was the 2003 incarnation of this franchise that led to me discovering series such as these. While this one does lack some polish--the animation is rough at times, and the characters' voices, especially Shredder's, seem to vary from one episode to another--it still manages to be quite fun and exciting. The heroes are likable, the villains despicable, and the plots keeping you wondering what will happen next. Of course you know the Turtles will win; the question is, how? I'm glad I have plenty more DVDs of this series on hand!
- Sex: A kiss on the cheek; "bimbo" is used as a slang word for a woman. 4/5
- Nudity: April is briefly seen in a bikini. 4/5
- Language: Name-calling and euphemisms such as "butt" and "heck" are used throughout; someone misuses God's name, albeit in French. 3/5
- Violence: As usual for a series like this, "fantasy violence" is present throughout. The Turtles, the villains, and various other characters hit, kick, punch, throw, etc., each other countless times. The good news is that nobody, not even the defeated enemies, dies, and the Turtles try to solve problems as non-violently as possible. 3/5
- Drugs: None. 5/5
- Frightening/Intense Scenes: Along with the violence, some of the villains, particularly the Rat King and Leatherhead could be scary. 3/5
- Other: Occasional crude/bathroom humor. 4/5